2023 Regional Human Resources Workshop
Forty Human Resource Practitioners from 15 regional SAIs attended the highly anticipated Regional HR Workshop held in the picturesque setting of Mahe, Seychelles.
The workshop was hosted by SAI Seychelles and centred around the theme, “Cultivating Thriving Teams: Empowering Productivity and Engagement.” The choice of theme was a strategic response to the findings of the 2022 Institutional Capacity Building Framework (ICBF) Self-Assessment report. These findings painted a comprehensive picture of the challenges SAIs face in retaining, recognising, and developing their staff due to many constraints.
We designed the workshop to foster a dynamic environment that encouraged the exchange of ideas, experiences, and opportunities and provided a platform for HR practitioners to address the pressing HR challenges in SAIs collectively. By sharing knowledge and insights, the participants sought solutions that benefit their individual SAIs and contribute to the overall strengthening of HR in the region.
The key topics explored during the workshop included:
- Empowering SAIs to cultivate effective leaders: Discussing leadership development programmes and strategies that are crucial for the growth and stability of SAIs.
- Competency-based recruitment practices and assessments: Exploring innovative methods to recruit individuals with the right skills and competencies for the job.
- Promoting a diverse and inclusive workforce within SAIs: Understanding the importance of diversity and inclusion in creating a vibrant and representative workforce.
- Career paths for auditors: Focusing on career development frameworks for auditors, which can lead to greater job satisfaction and performance.
- Coaching programme tailored for SAI supervisors: Developing effective coaching programmes to nurture leadership skills and mentorship.
- Highlighting the importance of a healthy culture for employee engagement and productivity: Acknowledging the role of a positive organisational culture in motivating and engaging employees.
- HR metrics – enabling SAIs to measure and optimise the performance and impact of their HR: Discuss the importance of data-driven decision-making in HR practices and how it can be used for performance optimisation.
The workshop was the catalyst for HR Practitioners to unite and deliberate on these crucial subjects, exchange invaluable best practices, and work hand in hand to forge actionable solutions. It not only spotlighted the unwavering dedication of these professionals to enhance the HR function within their respective SAIs but also underscored their unwavering commitment to perpetuate a culture of excellence, efficiency, and inclusivity.
Representing SAIs including South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Tanzania, Zambia, Sierra Leone, The Gambia, Uganda, Kenya, Somalia, Eritrea, Angola, and Seychelles.
- Additional Images: