POST TITLE: AUDITOR
POST NO.: 1802 0101
RESPONSIBLE TO: Team Leader/Designated Seniors
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carry out audits in accordance with approved programmes either individually or as a member of a team
- Develop fixed audit plans and evaluate internal control systems
- Form opinions on the areas audited, report observations and recommend appropriate action including matters arising from the audits with the accounting officers of the audited organizations
- Prepare audit reports focusing on the relevance, appropriateness and extent of financial control measure.
- Undertake relevant surveys, assurance assignments, special reviews, investigations, analytical reviews etc. under supervision and direction
MINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Certificate stage of any IFAC member institute of Chartered Accountancy or certified chartered accountancy qualification including ACCA; or
Relevant general degree in finance, accountancy, auditing, economics, management, etc., plus at least 3 years’ relevant experience; or
Fellow member of the Association of Accounting Technician plus at least 5 years post qualifying and relevant experience; or
6 years satisfactory experience and proven competencies as an Assistant Auditor in the Office of the Auditor General.